Monday 2 April 2018

An overview of Facebook Chatbots

Facebook chatbots


Let's try 30 of the most successful Facebook bots to chat with.


These are obviously very focused bots which may follow you through an order.
I guess Wingstop, at Pizza Hut and Domino's hut could help you with an order,  but I could not test those, as I am not located in the US.

The bots that seem to work better are those that drive the conversation using multiple choices. Kayak's bot could actually help me book a flight or a hotel room. Burberry's bot made a good job of informing me about its limitations and allowed me to navigate through its knowledge base - I especially liked it led me to its FAQs without trying to pretend to be smarter than it is. Flight Bot seems to do a good job providing information about flights and airports. Bloovery helps you order flowers.

I actually liked the Qwazou bot most, because it allowed me to discover other bots, without needing more than a multiple-choice interface. I ended up wasting time playing a chatbot adventure game and finding out about a crappy implentation of a Zork chatbot

Some other chatbots I tried were just glorified search engines which could not understand anything more complex than search by terms. This included, for instance Techcrunch , and HealthTap. They were even doing a poor job at that, unable to return relevant results apart from the most basic queries.

That does not mean they can not be useful as that. Some people might prefer a chat interface rather than search in a website, however, that is not what I was expecting.

The Whole Foods bot, anyway, led me to a useful risotto recipe. Beerbot helped me find a beer I might like.

And there were also some bots that just did not work or told me to come back later - isn't high availability the main point of chatbots ?


1 comment:

  1. It’s amazing in support of me to have a site, which is useful in support of my know-how. thanks admin, you surely come with remarkable articles. Cheers for sharing your website page.
    AI Chatbot
    Chatbot Development
    RPA Bot
    Bank Chatbot
    Artificial Intelligence Company in Dubai
    Artificial Intelligence Companies

    ReplyDelete